I had the luck to take a breather from my life here in Singapore for a two day trip to Batam. It was really needed and I had a great time.
Day One, 9 August 2013.
We woke up really early to grab some yummy breakfast before heading to Harbourfront to board our ferry. The crowd was like whoa. I actually felt really weird leaving my country on National Day. This weird feeling made me feel so patriotic. (Haha)
So this is my ferry: Island Jade.
When we arrived, we met a really amazing taxi driver named Ewan. God really blessed us by sending him to us. He chauffeured us for the entire two days. Brought us to the best places and never asked for commission unlike the other taxi drivers. Such honesty and sincerity really is rare these days. And I really like him because he's just so simple and humble.
Check in was at 12 so Ewan took us to the Nagoya Hill Mall where we had our breakfast part two and lunch. And we also did a wee bit of shopping!
Ayam Penyet for Breakfast Part 2!My new pair of shades which Mummy claims suits me. (I honestly don't fancy aviators)
Beef Bakso for Lunch.
My excitement which is not properly expressed when I got my A&W curly fries!!!!!!
Ewan came to get us from Nagoya to King's Hotel and to our surprise, King's Hotel is situated on a hill. It isnt complete yet and they only just opened 40 rooms a month ago. Looking at the place from the taxi really shocked me! It's as though a rain would be able to cause the entire hotel to landslide down the hill. But it was pretty and the people there were so nice! The room wasnt ready so we went to chill at the restaurant! Oh we also took some pictures at the lobby~
THE HILL. The picture doesnt show much... But it really was scary!
My Mango Juice was sooooooo yummy. And I love the cherry on the glass.
The room is pretty simple! But the BED is the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on. So we chilled awhile but since Ewan was waiting so we scurried off to our next destination. We were gonna go GO-KARTING. But it started to rain and I wasn't going to let myself have another round of being sick and ill and useless so I decided nah. Sissie and Silvia had a good time though!
We shopped here and spent like ONE MILLION.......... (wait for it) Rupiah. Haha. I just had to say that.
We went for an amazing seafood dinner with Cereal Prawns, Chilli Crab, Steamed Crab, Sambal KangKong and THIS GIGANTIC LOBSTER!
Ewan then brought us for some street food! Best stuff ever! I really feel that street food is a necessity when you go overseas. Restaurants are just too mainstream. Street food stalls always sell the best stuff.
THIS IS REALLY THE BOMB GUYS. I TOOK A VIDEO! I will find a way to upload it...
Yeah... Fried Bananas. Goreng Pisang~
Picture with the legendary shop. Okay, I'm starting to sound like a mega fan girl.
Sissie and I! Awkward face~
THE FIRST BITE SAYS IT ALL. CAN YOU SEE IT!
If you all ever go to Batam, VISIT THIS PLACE! :)
Crazy things I do with my camera when Mummy was showering.
Sissie and Silvia came over to eat this yummy stuff. I had an immediate sore throat! Just look at it. Fried Bananas topped with chocolate sauce, condensed milk, sugar and CHEESE.
Even though I wasn't in SG, BATAM TOO had fireworks! :)
Went to bed soon after that. I had such a tough time falling asleep thanks to my snoring mother. But I fell asleep anyway since the bed was so nice and comfy!
Day Two, 10 August 2013
Woke up like a happy girl because I didn't wake up to any alarm. Had breakfast buffet at the hotel!
Went back into our rooms to pack and then we checked out!
Bye King's hotel! Hope to see you fully completed the next time I come back to Batam! Their tagline is "Where Kings and Queens stay" HAHA.
Ewan took us to Nagoya again and we shopped and ate before going for a 2.5 hour long massage/spa. And then we went back! (I'm so lazy to blog so I'll let the pictures do the talking)
How nice to see my name personalized on something! Usually it's just VANESSA. I don't know why but I really appreciate it when people spell my name right.
GO TO THIS PLACE FOR THE BEST 2.5 HOUR MASSAGE OF YOUR LIFE. It's not THAT cheap actually. 85 per person! But if in SG, it'd be like 300 or something.
Heeheeeee my dinner. The only thing I thought of when we came to Batam was "I NEED TO HAVE A&W"
Advertising~ We slouch the same way haha this is ridiculous.
Family photo! Girly time! Without the brother! YAY.
That's all folks! Time to study for my finals! Wish me luck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment