Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Opposites
I've been thinking a lot about opposites these days ever since someone posed the question,
"What do you truly think is the opposite of love?"
"Is it hate? No, the opposite of love isn't hatred. It is oblivion."
It has led me to realise so much more about life. It is often said that courage is not the absence of fear which also shows me how the opposite of courage isn't fear. It makes me think if everything is like that! Einstein did once mention that there is actually no such thing as cold, but there is such a thing as the absence of heat. There is no such thing as darkness, but there is such a thing as the absence of light.
It really dawned upon me that the world was meant to be positive. We humans created words like fear, cold and darkness just because we feel like maybe we've lost something. But in fact, we are only lacking. The best part about only lacking is that you can totally get it back.
However, it also shows me how we humans feel so much. When we use words like hate when we don't love, we actually still feel so much. And feeling is a great thing. To be able to feel as much as it feels like you hate someone with all your heart, at least you know that you own your emotions. And this just makes me feel like I've entered a whole new realm in my discovery of humanity.
So, this is how I am going to face life right now. I'm going to gain the things that I lack. I am going to be filled with utmost faith that this is the best way to go head-on with life;s battles. I owe it to myself to believe in this. At least with this faith, I'm going to be a much happier person. With faith being intangible, as I hold on to it while not seeing it, it can mould me. In any and every way.
This is my now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment