Monday, February 11, 2013

Painting rainbows with love.




To bake a normal vanilla cupcake is easy and it's exactly what the rainbow cupcake tastes like. But for the rainbow cupcake, it really is a tedious job. As from the first picture, you make the batter and the separate them into four different bowls and add different colouring. Slowly, layer by layer you put the different coloured batter into the cupcake sleeve. (The recipe is dense enough so that the colours don't merge into a crazy looking tiedyed cupcake.) Bake for 20 minutes and you get the second picture! I wasn't that hardworking to make frosting so instead I used Nutella to stick my candy rainbow and marshmellow clouds into my cupcake.

Something I realised, from my baking experience, is that when I bake with my heart, soul, mind and strength, the cupcakes come out really amazing and delicious. But when I bake for the sake of baking, they turn out really bad and gross. I guess this teaches me that in everything that I do, I must do my best. I cannot put in a small amount of effort and expect to reap a whole lot of results for it. 

I baked these for my adorable children and teachers at House Of Kids and they loved it. 

If you have the time and patience to do this, I would encourage you to get down baking! Everyone loves a rainbow cupcake. As the saying goes, there's always a rainbow after the storm. It will make someone smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment