Wednesday, February 6, 2013

To be carefree


To be honest, carefree isn't an emotion familiar to me at all. To say the words, "I feel carefree" is actually pretty liberating. I'm reminded of the time at the streets of Bangkok where I took the picture above. Extremely candid, I might add. I went on that holiday just 2 weeks before my Prelims. To just breakaway from all the stress, the pressure, the tension, the falsehood and the workload, it was indeed carefree. 

So, why is 6th of February so special to me? Why is it that I feel so carefree? 
My answer to you would be: I walked in the rain today. 

For the first time in a very long time, I walked in the rain. I've never been the healthiest person. Always frail, always falling sick, always surrounded by people who are so overprotective of me. I remember being caught in the rain during PE and fainting afterwards thanks to a really high fever. Of course, people who love me dearly and want no harm to happen to me would not allow me to risk going under the rain. 

However, in recent months, there has been a lack in the department of overly protective people in my life. No more sending sunflowers to my place when I'm sick or unhappy, no more fruits, no more medicine and accompanying to the doctor. Honestly, it has made me independent which is somewhat good since it's already my last year as a teen. So in my mind I went, "Here goes nothing!"

I never felt that carefree. From the moment I stepped out into the rain, I felt infinite. Stepping into puddles that flooded my shoes entirely, raindrops that caressed my skin as they fell from the sky. I watched the clouds move as they darken. I could feel the raindrops get heavier. I could feel my heart beat against my chest as they rhythm with the claps of thunder. I could feel the weight of my hair getting heavier as water soaked in. Once I was under my block, I was completely drenched. 

And I smiled. 

Though it guaranteed me a cold for 2 weeks as much as I took a hot shower immediately after that, I believe it was worthwhile. Every feeling that I got from it was worth it. My new year resolution of enjoying life more? Double tick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment