19 February, Tuesday
Work was as per normal like any other ordinary day! I got to spend time with ESTHER TAN JEN JEN at night at NEX! It has really really been ages since I have spent time with her. Considering how we used to be really good childhood friends, I never realised how much I missed her. We met for dinner at M.O.F and enjoyed great food.
We talked about everything and anything. We realised how much we have really grown. Our conversation involved God, spiritual lives, feelings, universities and.... boys. *smirks* It was an amazing time spent together and I believe that it is a starting point for us. To begin a whole new phase of our friendship and for myself to gain another spiritual buddy. That's got to be one of the best feelings in the world.
20 February, Wednesday
Just an ordinary Wednesday until Raeyong appeared. He has been looking for me ever since the year started. Due to a twist of fate, we didn't meet every single time he came. And finally, we did! The sense of accomplishment when you see someone you taught, come back and find you. When he told me that he missed me and when he was seemingly so obedient and mature, I just felt so happy. The happiness cannot be put in words. I felt so achieved knowing that all the patience and love I put into caring for him, paid off. He will always remember me and I will always remember him. To know I made an impact, to know that he goes home talking to his parents about how my lessons make him happy, to know that he would bother coming back to his childcare to find me, to know that he misses me even at his primary school, it moves me to tears. Hugging him made me realise how much I missed him too. (And he was all shy and cute) As much as in the moment it was tough, I persevered. It's worth it.
21 February, Thursday
Visited my grandfather at CGH which was an emotional moment for all of us. We almost lost him that day but God decided that it was not time for him to go. I'm thankful for that.
22 February, Friday
CAMPUS BAND WAS ON STAGE. *scream faints and dies* (Okay, I'm sorry I can be so exaggerating sometimes) Al Baird preached an amazing lesson and one line that I brought back with me was, "You will never have as much time as you do now."
23 February, Saturday
Had lunch at Canton Paradise.
Really AWESOME to have Tim Sum for lunch since I have been craving like crazy! And Canton Paradise has amazing congee. If you are a crazy timsum lover, CANTON PARADISE IS A GOOD PLACE TO TRY! I went to the one at Compass point since it's near my place. Visited grandaddy after that and went to courts with Mummy.
The most hilarious thing happened to me. I was just sitting on one of their beds when Mummy was looking for an expensive pillow. And due to my severe lack of sleep and fatigue, I decided to lie down. So after about a minute, this lady walked to me. In my head, I was like...."She's coming to scold me or something. Oh well. I'll wait till she comes." To my amusement, SHE BROUGHT ME A BLANKET. So there I was, chilling on a 6,000 dollar mattress with a blanket.
I told Rachel and I said, "I MUST BE THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD."
Went over to Rebecca's to stayover and had a really great talk with Sarah and her. Haven't had a stayover in SO LONG! But it was fulfilling and they are two really amazing sisters, so glad to have them in my life.
24 February, Sunday
A memorable day because we appointed Elders in our Church! I had an impromptu spend time with Elysia which turned out to be unexpectedly amazing. The BAND was awesome, as always. Chloe's biblestudy was too. It was just a whole day filled with GOOD crying. Wisdom preserves those who have it. And Al and Gloria definitely are living examples of this verse. Great weekend, again. Epic and life changing.
Uncle Takaeshi and Aunty Manami. I love them so very very much.
"I have one life and one chance to make it count for something. My faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference."
Jimmy Carter.
No comments:
Post a Comment